Saturday, October 2, 2010

Some Like It HOT HOT HOT!

Seriously -- it's so HOT here!  I guess California didn't get the memo that it's Fall and October.  We have had some blazing heat the past week or so.  Where I live it gets really hot in the summer, 100 degrees isn't uncommon.  This late in the year though... no!  I'm over it already!  Yesterday I got in my car it was 102.  Gag!

So when I got home to work on Momo's Tuesday Challenge using stitching and the colors green, yellow, and orange I wasn't feeling very fall at all.  I started looking through my cartridges to see if something inspired me and saw Life Is A Beach -- I thought to myself I wish I was going to the beach!  LOL :)  Than I pulled it out and started looking through it.  This is pretty much a lift of the project card in the booklet... I loved it.  It was cool and refreshing looking.


Ahhh... I need one of those!  :)  I think this turned out cute!

I used the card feature cut at 5 inches.  The pineapple and all the layers were cut at 3.5 inches.  The blue pattern paper in the window is from DCWV Summer Dream stack.  I used some tea dye distress ink on the pineapple.  The letter stickers are American Crafts.  Used my white gel pen for my stitches and dots. 

Has everyone made a card for World Card Making day?   So much great stuff posted out there in blog land today.  I think I spent too much time online and not enough creating ;)

Thanks for looking.

Cheers
-Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I walk out everyday and think "Fall! Yea Right!" LOL!!! I love your card and that looks yummy! :o) Thanks for joining in! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete