Sunday, October 10, 2010

Long time no type :)

Ack!  I knew I hadn't posted in a few days but since Tuesday!  Boo to me!  LOL  The week got crazy with work... that's always in the way of our fun, right!  ;)  I still worked on some crafty things and I've got all my challenges to post up from World Card Making day that creationswithchristina.com had.  I just didn't have time to upload pics and all that.  So expect lots of posts the next couple days!  :)

I do have a little something to share right now.  You know I have to have a project & picture on all my posts ;)

So my sister in law helped me out HUGE this week with a problem.  I had to do something for her to show her how much I appreciated the help.  A week or so ago on the cricut message boards someone (in passing) mentioned a candy bar cake.  I had to investigate... off to google I went, and once I saw them, knew I would be making one.  Well... my sister in law is a huge choco-holic so this was perfect for her!

Here's my first attempt at a candy bar cake....


It's kinda hard to make out the layers, but there are 3 separate layers.  I've got some curly ribbon on top and I did use my cricut on this project... The scallop circle I cut from Mini Monograms and the "thank you" is from Alphalicious.  

I think it turned out so cute and I really like it.  I'm going to be making another one to take to work for when we celebrate our October birthdays.  I can't wait to give it to my sister  in law today! :)

Thanks for looking and I'll be soon with some challenge posts!

Cheers
-Amanda

1 comment: