Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Queen for the day

I didn't have time to post yesterday but I have been working on all the challenges Christina posted for World Card Making Day on Saturday on her blog.  I don't have time this week to sit down and do them all at once so I'm just doing them when I can fit them in.  I enjoy sitting down for a bit of quiet time after a hectic day to do something I enjoy.

Challenge 1 was to make a card based on a sketch and here's what I did...


This is for a girlfriend that just got a promotion at work (even though it looks like a little girls card, lol).  A group of friends are getting together to celebrate with her (we're calling it her "Queen for the day drinks and dinner party"!! lol ) so I made her this cute little card.  She loves all things crowns/tiaras so I hope she'll like it.

The patterned paper is KI Memories and was scraps laying out on my table from a project I was working on (altered pocket calendars, I'll post them soon).  The crown is from Rock Princess and cut at 3 inches.  The Fab stamp is from Scrappy Moms.  This was a pretty fast card to put together.  

Thanks for taking a look.

Cheers
-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I think it's beautiful and sounds perfect! Such a cute idea, TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete