Wednesday, October 13, 2010

#5 & #6

Still posting up the challenges from World Card Making Day hosted by Christina @ http://www.creationswithchristina.com/.

Challenge # 5 was to make a Christmas tag or gift card.  This was certainly a challenge for me.




Wow.  I need tag help!  LOL  Definitely not my strong suit.  This tag was cut @ 4.5 inches from the Joys of The Season cartridge.  I did my own layering, cutting it 3 times.... white (just the tag shape, I used Design Studio to take out all the cuts inside the frame), red, than the stripped paper from KI Memories.  Added some red bling around the frame and some white sheer ribbon.  I see such cute tags online but had some trouble coming up with something I loved.  I'll probably use this one on a scrapbook page.

Challenge #6 was to make a card using a fall image or stamp.  Here's my card...



I found the pilgrim's hat on Designer's Calendar when I was using the ribbon from challenge #2.  I thought it was pretty cool.  Designer's Calendar is really under used for me.  There are some cool cuts on this cartridge... I need to start using it more.  I cut the hat at 2.75 inches.  The patterned paper is from DCWV's Amber Autumn stack.  The top one is more reddish, the camera flash pulled it pink in this picture.  I added some ribbon (love that ribbon, I think it's my favorite in my stash), white gel pen to bring out some of the cuts on the hat, and inked up the edges.... another simple one from me :)

Thanks for stopping by.  I'll be putting up the final 2 challenges later tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers
-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment