Monday, August 30, 2010

Bookmarks

Anyone else enjoy reading?  I am an avid reader!  I just finished reading Fearless Fourteen  by Janet Evanovich last night and I picked up Nefertiti by Michelle Moran to read.  I'm also reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo  by Stieg Larsson.

I started making bookmarks 3 or 4 years ago.  I like to keep a few extras on hand to add to packages/presents for friends or family that are readers.  Here are a couple of mine plus a couple extras I have on hand to give away...


A couple of these I used my sewing machine on.  Talk about a great way to use up scraps!  A couple years ago for Christmas everyone got a bookmark as their name tag on packages... I went through scraps so fast!

The 2 on the right are mine.  A few things you should know about me... animal print, bling, monograms!  All about it!!!!!  The zebra strip one I love b/c of the zebra and than the prima flowers with bling centers (not sure the bling shows up in the picture).  The one with my monogram, I just love those colors together.  I inked up the edges of the pink polka dot paper.

Also -- if anyone wants some of the sleeves just let me know in the comments (Just leave a way for me to get in touch).  I had to order these in bulk and I've got about 60 extra sleeves just sitting here.  I'll  RAK them to a good home (or a few different homes) :)  Like I said easy, fun little gifts or even for those of you who do craft fairs. Let me know!

Thanks for looking.  

Cheers
-Amanda 

ps - If you have any questions about the paper used here just let me know...  I *may* remember.  Like I said these all came from my scrap bins!

5 comments:

  1. Great bookmarks! I have avid readers in my family and I also teach 4th grade. I would love some of these sleeves to give away to family and students.

    Kerri
    www.caresofkerri.blogspot.com
    kerristanifll@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bookmarks are magnificent! What a super great way to use up scraps!

    I happened upon your blog after Momo's ustream. I've loved browsing! TFS!

    I would love to have some sleeves as well. I have many avid readers in my family, including myself (LOVE Janet Evanovich), and these would make great stocking stuffers!

    ~Tara
    http://tantalizingbytara.blogspot.com/
    tray83 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! I found you from Momo's blog. Great B/W entry you have. I would love to have some sleeves as well. I love reading!!! I also teach a 2nd grade reading program at our school and I have the students create their own bookmarks at the beginning of our session. Thanks

    Monica
    http://simplycricutting.blogspot.com
    monicaflores1417 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have some sleeves!
    What a great idea you just gave us... I will give it a try and I will use my sewing machine as well...;o)

    You just made my day!!! I did not go to work since I was not feeling my 100%. I still have fever, anyway, thank for sharing.

    Gina Lindsey

    agsainz at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete